10 Foods and Drinks to Get Surprising Oral Health Benefits
Diet and the right beverages can affect your oral health. Eating the right type of food and drink will not only help improve your overall body health but the health of your teeth as well. Eating too cold or too hot items also affects the teeth and goes completely reverse to the longevity and life of your natural. Thus, it is very important to eat the right food and drink to increase your oral health and add to it.
Here we highlighted some simple and easily available food and drink items that will work magically in improving your oral health. Intake of these will also enhance their lifespan. After this you can avoid the chances of getting multiple teeth implants due to improper dental health leading to tooth loss.
Here is a list!
10 food and beverages to prefer for oral health
- Salmon: Salmon is known to be highly rich in protein and low-fat content which is why it is popularly considered one of the healthiest foods. Proteins are considered vital for gum revitalization and it works on muscle and tissue repair against any damage. It also stimulates the body’s vitamin D possession and calcium absorption ability which is very functional for teeth and bone health.
- Yogurt, milk, and cheese: Healthy dairy products are immensely rich in calcium. Calcium is considered to be very vital for bones and teeth strengthening. Yogurts and cheese can be your ideal choices apart from milk. All these products are rich in vitamins and minerals. Being soft for the teeth, they can be considered favorable.
- Almonds: Each time you feel like snacking, choose to snack on almonds as it will help source calcium and proteins for your body along with helping against multiple dental issues. Almonds are very good for the teeth and body health as well due to their low sugar and high calcium and protein content. Sugar is very bad for dental health as it might increase the acidic level in the oral area, impacting your enamel.
- Carrots: Munching carrots is the best way to do natural tooth brushing and improve the blood circulation of the mouth when eaten raw. The chewing action is associated with gum massage that helps retain their strength. It is also rich in Keratin and vitamin A which supports the repair of the tooth enamel.
- Spinach: Green vegetables are always considered good for the body. Similar are the effects on oral health, as well. With high levels of iron, it also contains calcium that works perfectly for rebuilding the enamel. So, why wait, add spinach to your plate to not have to bear the dental implant cost.
- Lean meat: All types of lean meat including chicken works as a magical source of protein which is considered very vital for your teeth and gums’ health. Lean meat also holds a rich amount of phosphorus, well-known for bone production and remodeling. Without phosphorous, your teeth could end up chipping very easily even if you have a large amount of calcium and vitamin D in your diet.
- Celery: Celery, like carrots, are good natural toothbrushes for your mouth. It is also rich in vitamin K and calcium. Vitamin K helps in enhancing calcium transportation across the body. It also helps fight against any gum disease with increased saliva production.
- Green Tea/Black Tea: Both, green and black tea are said to help nurture your dental health if it does not contain any sugar. This will keep the saliva production up to the mark, thereby, maintaining lower acid levels. This also helps in washing off the dental plaque leading to reduced cavities. It is also rich in fluoride which helps sustain enamel strength.
- Apples: Apples are less acidic as compared to other fruits which is why, it is popularly said that- “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.” Apart from working as a natural toothbrush, it also manages lower acid levels in the mouth, making it suitable for oral health. However, to safeguard the enamel, one should keep hydrating their mouth after every fruit intake.
- Still Water: Water is always the best drink for the body and similarly it functions for the teeth as well. Waterworks in hydrating the body and maintaining the PH level of the mouth. This is very important for fighting against probable chances of bacteria in the mouth. Drinking plenty of water also helps in replenishing saliva which is very important to manage the acid levels in the mouth. Avoid intake of soft or hard drinks as they damaged your teeth.
Even though, the dental implants cost in India when done by Smilessence are quite affordable but why take a chance! Make sure to include these healthy food items in your regular diet to manage and maintain your oral health.
Back to blogs