A Comprehensive Guide to Basal Implants
With the advent of a changing lifestyle and eating habits, people now suffer from a wide range of diseases. Oral hygiene and health are among the most neglected areas of human health and hygiene. Consequently, today many people suffer from a variety of oral health issues, such as tooth decay, sensitivity, missing teeth, and others.
Teeth are a crucial part of the body and their proper functioning is necessary for the overall effective performance of the body. Teeth not only act as a functional part but also play a role in the overall appearance of individuals. A person who has lost teeth does not possess the same sense of confidence and is not able to flaunt their smile confidently. However, with globalization and the advancement of technology, there have been a variety of tools and techniques developed to deal with various tooth issues.
Some of the common treatments that are very effective are implants, dentures, bridges, and many more. In this article, we will cover the basal implants, implants cost in India, and also the single-tooth implant cost in Gurgaon. Let's first understand what basal implants are.
What are Basal Implants?
As one of the advanced implantology procedures, basal implants make use of the cortical portion of the jawbones for implantation. Thus, it is also known as cortical bone implants. It is a newer and more effective technique that does not require bone replacement, regardless of the severity of the condition. Basal implants are the type of implants that are made up of biocompatible titanium alloy which is a single piece. There is a soft inner layer in the bone which is covered with a dense bone layer. This bone layer is known as cortical. Basal implants are placed in these spaces. Before placing basal implants, certain requirements must be met, including mineralization of the cortical bone where the implants are to be placed. This provides a firm foundation and strong retention for distinctive and highly developed basal implants. The cortical is also the hardest bone.
This form of implantology has been introduced recently and is proving to be successful. It is acting as the most suitable substitute for traditional implants. The reason for this is that basal implantology follows the principles of orthopedic surgery, among others. There are primarily two types of basal implants, BOI and BCS implants.
How are Basal Implants done?
To perform an effective basal implant, certain steps need to be followed. Let’s discuss the steps in detail:
- Initially, tests like X-ray and CT scans of the mouth are done which will help in making the action plan for the treatment process.
- Then the dead teeth are extracted and the basal implants are inserted. For this normally local anesthesia is used as it is a painless procedure.
- The specialist consults with the dentist, then designs a new acrylic replacement that is fixed to metal.
- The denture is fixed and fastened and you can return to your home.
Aftercare and maintenance and several more visits to the dentist are required based on the treatment and the process. Generally, the above steps are the most common in the treatments. However, the steps can more or less vary depending on the dentist and the patient. The implant cost in India may also vary from area to area.
What are the benefits of Basal Implants?
The following are some of the advantages of basal implants:
- A basal implant consists of a single piece, in which the abutment is attached to the body, thus eliminating the problems that arise from two- or three-piece implants.
- This process saves time since the prosthesis can be paired within 72 hours rather than one year or more for traditional prostheses.
- One of the most significant benefits is immediate loading.
- There are several periodontal conditions that can be easily treated by a basal implant and that too in one visit only.
- These implants are the best for the person who is diabetic or a smoker.
- Since basal implants do not replenish bone, they are also appropriate for individuals who have little bone.
What are the single tooth implant costs in Gurgaon?
The implant cost in India varies more or less according to the area and the severity of the patient. Usually, single-tooth implant costs in Gurgaon may range between 20000 to 50000 rupees. The price of this package includes surgery, placement of the crown, as well as other components. The cost may differ depending on the post-treatment and the pre-treatment, such as bone grafting. There are also several factors that influence it, including the location, the experience of the dentist, the type of implant, and the market.
Moreover, if you want to know more about the cost of the implant in India, single-tooth implant cost in Gurgaon, and basal implants, you can visit www.smilessence.co.in
Back to blogs