Everything You Need To Know About Dental Implant Surgery
Dental implant surgery can be an excellent solution for people who suffer from teeth loss and are low on confidence as a result. The implant procedure can give you an artificial tooth that looks, feels, and functions like a natural one. Dental implant surgery is a procedure through which the roots of the teeth are replaced with screw-like titanium posts and placed in the jawbones, where the artificial teeth are then fixed.
Titanium implants are beneficial because they fuse with the bone over time and behave as a natural tooth without interfering with neighboring teeth. Dental implant surgery is one of the newer, more advanced methods of replacing lost teeth with a new set and restoring your smile. In this article, we will learn about dental implant procedures, dental bridge costs, and everything related to dental implants that you need to be aware of.
Dental Implant Procedure in detail
The dental implant procedure is a cumbersome task, it involves a variety of different steps. It can also be called outpatient surgery because it is a type of surgery that is not performed at once. There is healing time between the different surgical procedures. Moreover, teeth replacement procedures can also be broken down into distinct stages.
Initially, the doctor meets the patient. During the discussion, they will ask about their needs and why they are seeking treatment. Also, they will check to see if the person is suitable for the treatment. Then a series of different tests are run to ensure that there are no underlying issues. The dentist also performs a CT scan to determine exactly where they need to work and how they will proceed.
Let’s elucidate the different stages:
- Removing the damaged teeth
- If bone grafting is needed, it is carried out
- The placement of the dental implant
- The time is given for the healing process
- Placement of the abutment
- Finally, the artificial tooth is placed
Let’s discuss each of the steps above in a detailed manner.
Removal of the Damaged Teeth
The first stage in the dental implant procedure is teeth extraction. The damaged teeth are extracted so that space can be created for a tooth implant. Moreover, if the dentist finds that the jaw bone is soft and is unable to hold the implant firmly, bone grafting is required.
Bone grafting can be done through different methods. In either case, bone is obtained from another part of the body, such as the jaw, chin, or hip, artificial bone material is used, or bone distraction is used to promote bone growth.
Dental Implant Placement
After the bone grafting or other procedures, the space is made ready for a dental implant. The dental implant is placed into the bone with the help of drills and screws. An implant cap is then placed over the implant and the gum is tucked up to allow it to heal.
Healing time is not fixed and it entirely depends on the amount of bone that is present. Usually, the healing process lasts between two and six months. This is the time when implants need to get fixed and attached to the jawbones.
Placement of Abutment
During the healing period, it is ensured that the implant is accepted by neighboring bones. The abutment is then attached to the dental implant with the help of a screw. This acts as a crown and the dentist takes its impression to make a custom-made artificial tooth.
Placement of Artificial Tooth
Finally, the artificial tooth is placed and time is given for healing. There are certain precautions to be taken after that to ensure smooth working.
How can Dental Implants help you?
A dental implant procedure is generally opted for by individuals who suffer from a loss of teeth and wish to get a permanent solution. Alternatively, they may choose to have an artificial tooth placed that lasts for a long time and looks and feels like natural teeth. Moreover, let's discuss what magic dental implant surgery can do.
- Dental implants restore chewing power, and feel, look, and behave just like natural teeth.
- The dental bridge cost is high then also it may last up to 10 years however dental implants can last a lifetime if it is given proper care and maintenance.
- Implants behave almost the same as natural teeth by exerting pressure on the jawbone while chewing, which increases bone density and strength.
- Dental implants do not disturb the adjacent teeth, unlike other dentures. The neighboring teeth remain stable and do not shift towards the gap created.
- Dental implants can act as a permanent solution and prevent oral or gum disease.
- As bones in the jaws are lost, the jawbone structure changes, and over time, the face sags. Dental implants can help you overcome this issue of premature aging.
Moreover, if you want to know more about the dental implant procedure and the dental bridge cost, visit www.smilessence.co.in
Back to blogs