How An Implant Is Placed( The Procedure)
Here is a step-by-step explanation of how an implant will be placed:
First Evaluation Clinically and x-ray
A panoramic x-ray and oral examination are done to determine the implant site and your bone condition
Preparing The Implant Site
If there is still a broken or carious tooth present, the tooth will be removed.
If immediate implants are to be done is dependent it depends on the presence of any infection and your bone condition.
If immediate implants are not suited, the site would be left to heal for about a few weeks to 2-3 months.
In patients where there is less bone structure, bone grafting may be recommended as an additional procedure and after the bone grafting the implant site may be left to heal for a few weeks to 2-3 months
Once healthy bone material has been established and the site is ready, the implant is ready to be put into place
Placing The Implant
- The bone is prepared,......the implant is embedded ........ the tissue is sutured.
Healing Process(OsseoIntegration of your Implant With The Bone)
- The implant is left to integrate and heal with the jaw bone.
- If the immediately loaded implant is being done .....................we go to step 5.
- If the immediately loaded implant is not being done,................. the implant is left to osseointegrate for about 3 to 6 months before step 5 is done.
Attaching The Abutment
- When Osseointegration has been achieved ready, an abutment will be attached to the implant and this will act as a support for the new crown or bridge or denture
Placing The Crown or Bridge or Denture
Impressions are taken and the crown/bridge or overdenture is made and fixed.
Everything You Need To Know About Dental Implant Surgery.
Smilessence The Specialist Dental Centre is India's best dental implant center, situated in Palam Vihar Gurgaon. Our clinic is renowned across the world as a destination for world-class dentistry, with most of our patients flying to us from abroad.